Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mission Statement



Hey All--

Here is the mission statement that I put together. Please feel free to comment, edit, and change it to come up with something we all love:



The Mckenzie river watershed is home to a special mix of wildlife, natural landscapes, and human culture. The River Stories project, as part of the Environmental Leadership Program at the University of Oregon, is focused on gathering and showcasing stories about the McKenzie river and its impact on human life. This project is run by university students who wish to learn about the ways that culture, ecology, and storytelling combine to create a sense of place along the McKenzie. Stories about the river will be displayed through public art installations including showcases at the Lane County Historical Museum and the Mckenzie River Drift Boat Museum to inspire awareness and fascination with this unique area. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking this on Sierra!

    The only portion I would put on the table for discussion would be the second sentence... I'm toying with "...is focused on gathering and showcasing stories about the McKenzie River and its connection to, and impact on, human life" or some such thing.

    I know the focus on people versus focus on the river has been something that is a little up in the air about how we should approach it. Since the team seems to want the focus on the river and the environment and the project seems to be more people oriented. I was just thinking about ways to strike a balance.

    Other thoughts? :)

    ReplyDelete